CaseyLand: He's TWO!

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

He's TWO!


So, I have this kid named Nathan. 

He's pretty cool.

Like, wayyyyy cooler than you can even imagine probably. No one is on his level.

He just turned two on Sept 13! TWO. I HAVE A TWO YEAR OLD.

I asked him how old he was and he said, "one!" and I had to tell him that he was all done being one! He's two now! He was confused by it for the first day, but now he'll proudly tell you, "two!" 

With Nathan's monthly updates, I never included the numerical stats of his growth because I thought no one cared, and now I'm kind of mad at myself. I've been updating his life in a Promptly Journal, and I don't remember any of the numbers! So you'll have to forgive me if you don't care that Nathan is 26lbs - 25%, 35.5in - 75%, and has a head circumference of 48cm - 50%.

On to the good stuff!


This two year old can talk. your. ear. off. His favorite topic is, of course, vehicles. Every day the first thing he wants to do when he wakes up is, "play cars, mama?" I am an EXPERT at playing cars. Let me tell you how it goes: First, we each get a car. Nathan believes strongly that his cars should each have friends, so when he gets a new car, he immediately picks a friend out for it from his collection. We put the cars on the ground/couch/table facing each other. One car says, "hi!" and the other car must reciprocate. This is followed sometimes with a "how ya doing?" "I'm good! How are you doing?" "Good!" Then the cars will usually crash into each other a few times, every now and then apologizing for their clumsiness.

Is Nathan obsessed with the movie Cars, you ask? Why yes, yes he is. "Lighting Keen" and "Maner" are his favorite characters in the whole world.

Nathan's other interests include kicking balls, playing with the neighbors cat (a.k.a asking it to come here, and then running away from it), face timing his Grammy, PopPop, AbiJake and Via, eating applesauce, and playing hide and seek with his Daddy. 

Nathan is a very sweet soul. He loves sharing things that he loves with other people. If he's enjoying a food or toy, he would like whoever he is with to also have a turn with that food or toy. He's shy at first, but if you show an interest in one of his interests, he will be your friend forever. He's extremely polite - I almost never have to remind him to say please or thank you. In the middle of the night if he needs a drink I'll hear him wake up and say, "Na-Na's water please, mommy!" haha. Oh yeah, he refers to himself in the third person as Na-Na. He's very opinionated, and not afraid to let you know how he thinks things should be done. I get called out for holding my car wrong all the time. He loves playing in water, picking food from our garden, and playing in the front seat of the car. His memory is astounding - when we went on an airplane to D.C. Nathan was telling Alex how to get everything together to get off the plane, and didn't like it when Alex tried doing things his own way instead of mommy's way haha. He helps me find the car in the parking lot. When we go to different stores that we've been to with friends, he always asks about that friend. For example, when we go to Target he wants to see our friend Annie. 

Another thing about Nathan is that he sleeps. A lot. Like, the night isn't completely without 14 hours of sleep, and then he takes a 2 hour or more nap in the middle of the day. And he still goes to bed on time! I am not complaining at. all. I hope he keeps it up when baby sister is here...

Anyway, I could seriously go on and on about how amazing I think he is, but I'll save that for the Promptly Journal haha. If you want to hear more, just email me and I'll give you an earful ;) 

I am so lucky to have him in my life! I don't know what I did to deserve such an awesome kid, but I'm going to do everything I can to help him continue to be awesome. His life is about to be turned upside down with a baby sister in 6 weeks or so, and that makes me really sad sometimes, but I know he's going to be the sweetest big brother and it will be so fun to watch that relationship flourish!


Happy birthday, little sidekick. I sure love ya!
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment