CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Happiness

Monday, August 7, 2017

Mommy Style Monday: Happiness

For Mommy Style Monday today, Kiana had the idea to talk about our "happiness list". Not the things in our life that already make us happy, but things we could do that would make us happier! An interesting concept for sure. Just because there are things you could do to be happier, doesn't mean you AREN'T happy, it just means you could do other stuff too ha ha. 




(Sneak peek of our family pictures taken by Shannon Mae Photography in Oregon!)

Lately I've just been thinking about all the projects or things I want to do in my life. Some of them are small, some are big, some trivial, some important. For one reason or another, I just haven't got around to them. Does anyone else have that problem? I have all these ideas bouncing around my head, and I'm just not checking any of them off the list! 

So I had this idea the other day! (another idea bouncing around in my head... but maybe this post will actually get me to do it.) I'm going to write down all the things I want to do in one column. Things like, hanging pictures on the walls, painting the bedrooms, creating and sticking to a budget, landscaping the yard, etc. Then, in the next column I'm going to write down all my "perceived limitations". I'm a firm believer that if you want to do something, you can do it. The trick is just beating down the limits you have set for yourself in your mind. But it's one thing to believe that, and another to practice it, you know? So in that column I'm sure my "perceived limitations" will be things like money, time, think I need Alex's help, etc. And then in the last column I'm going to write my plan for getting rid of those limitations. Like, put aside money, learn how to do it myself, etc. 

Anyway, I know that's a really roundabout way of answering the prompt, but those are the things I think I could be doing to be happier! I want to stop telling myself I "can't right now" and start telling myself, "let's make this happen!" 

What would be on your happy list?

Check out what the other ladies said!
Kiana at Glitter&Donuts
Monica at It's All About

Sign up for next Month's Mommy Style Monday here. We'd love to have you! Style for us is more than just how you dress, it's your own way of doing life! So sometimes it's outfit posts, sometimes it's lifestyle posts, sometimes it's food... you get the idea!
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment