CaseyLand: Seaside, Oregon: 2017

Monday, July 31, 2017

Seaside, Oregon: 2017

I think vacation posts usually make the most sense if you break them up into days/locations, but I'm so far behind on blogging (this trip happened a month ago!) that I'm just tossing it all here and calling it good! 

I brought my nice camera, and didn't pull it out often enough. That always happens to me! Can someone please give me tips on having your camera with you throughout the vacation while also living in the moment? I get way too caught up in just being with people, I don't remember to take pictures. Which is a good thing in a lot of ways, but I'd love to have a few more pictures to look back on! So anyway, if  someone has achieved great balance with this, please comment and let me know how you do it.

This first batch of pictures is from Cannon Beach, OR. Cannon Beach is probably one of my favorite spots in the world. It's just such a fun little town and the beach itself is beyond gorgeous! We wandered around the main street, in and out of their cute shops, and then we went down to the beach and the non-pregnant kids made a soccer pitch and played a game. Nathan tried to join in for some of it, but he's also very good at recognizing when it's time to get out of the way ha ha. 





You know you're in the pacific northwest when it's a beautiful day at the beach but you still need your coat on.

This next round of pictures is from Oswald State Park, hands down one of the most beautiful little hikes and beaches ever. I can never get over the view you get when you come out of the trees and can see the water! Breath taking!

Both feeling unimpressed by me taking their picture I guess.




I mean, seriously, can you even handle that view??



Olivia wanted a "bathing beauties" picture of us sisters, so I took a couple test shots of them looking great, and then I jumped in and handed the camera to Alex, and this next shot is legit the best shot he got. So... instagram husband fail!! But it's ok, because he's usually very good.


Building another soccer pitch!






My sister Abi is basically Nathan's favorite person. Like, if she's in the room, the only reason he'll even glance at me is if he's hungry or tired. But it's nice to get a break I guess... 

These next pictures are from Astoria, OR (a.k.a. where the Goonies was filmed). Astoria is also a very cute town with some fun stores. (The Purple Cow is a must if you're into games or you have kids who love awesome toys!) We mostly go there because there is this food boat (like a food truck, but a boat) called The Bow Picker that sells awesome fish and chips. Like, I don't even like seafood, and I love it. The line is always ridiculously long, and they only take cash, but it's totally worth it. 


Alex told me to take one of those candid-walking-while-looking-back-pictures so I did, and it ended up looking like a commercial for Sprite. This was a huge hit on my Instagram, so I tagged Sprite in it, and they have yet to hand me a sponsorship.
On our last night in Seaside, (where I apparently took no pictures even though we spent a majority of our time there... Eye roll emoji), everyone got together and built a huge sandcastle and then went body surfing for the last time. Except for me, because body surfing while pregnant feels like a no in many many ways. I observed the fun, and felt happy and warm in my jacket. (Alex had some work to do for a conference he was speaking at the next week, so also did not participate.)




All in all, it was a super fun vacation. I just love spending time with my family so much! There was lots of time laughing, eating good food, and not sleeping (thanks Nathan). I can't wait to all be together again!
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment