CaseyLand: Trip to Utah!

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Trip to Utah!

Nathan and I were able to fly to Utah for a week at the end of May and it was SO wonderful. My parents are building a house on the lot next to my grandparents, so Nathan and I stayed at my grandparents house. It is a paradise for anyone, young and old! I would love to have a house with a yard like theirs one day. Nathan was seriously in heaven the whole time. So much space to run around in, new toys, a whole bunch of "beeps" (construction vehicles) next door, not to mention his fan club following him around 24/7. I was worried that when I brought him back here he would fall into a depression over not having so many wonderful things to do, but luckily he readjusted just fine. Probably because he's obsessed with his dad and was happy to see him again. :)

Here are some pictures from our time there!




Quite a bit of time was spent watching the builders over at my parents house, and quite a bit of time was spent with Nathan refusing to play with anyone except my sister Abi, who is his favorite person of all time.



We woke up at 5:30am to go to my  grandma's water aerobics class. It was fine for me, because I was on east coast time, but it was pretty early for my sister Olivia who was on west coast time. My grandma wanted to take this picture because, "we will never all do this again!" to which we responded, "wait, why?" and definitely did it again a few days later. I don't know why water aerobics is considered for "older women", it's a great workout!




I'm excited to hopefully live by family one day so we can have big family dinners. Something is so nice about getting everyone together in the evening for good food and good chats!



I mean, can you even? This is magazine worthy.








We seriously had the best time, the only downer was that Alex couldn't come with us! But he got a ton of work done while we were gone, so it worked out :). It was so hard to come back, being close to family is SUCH a blessing. Seriously. If you live close to family, do not take it for granted.

Luckily, I have a wonderful husband, and a whole group of supportive friends out here who make it all better.

Now we're just gearing up to go on our trip to Oregon in a couple weeks, and Alex is totally coming on that one! I can't wait for all the family time. We have a family quote book, and a majority of the quotes come from our vacations haha. It's going to be so fun to see Nathan enjoy the ocean! Ok, I need to stop talking about it or I'll go crazy until it comes.

p.s. we know the gender of our baby! Post coming soon! (hopefully...)

 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment