CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Time Management

Monday, April 10, 2017

Mommy Style Monday: Time Management

Mommy Style Monday is a blog series my friend Kiana and I created, so that we could share our style with each other and moms like us! Style is an all encompassing word. It can mean a lot more than just what you're wearing, and everyone has their own unique style in every aspect of their lives.  Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to be a part of the next Mommy Style Monday, fill out the form here. We would be thrilled to have you! If you know of a cute mama who has style to share, let her know about this link up!







To be honest, I haven't been very excited about this week's topic ha ha.... Time Management has been something I have really struggled with since having Nathan! Becoming a stay at home mom means you are your own boss, and without a fixed schedule, I often find myself wasting time more than I would like. 

However! I have been working on it! I showed you my cleaning schedule a few Mondays back, and that has really helped on the housekeeping front. So each day, I try to follow a similar pattern, and for the most part it helps me at least get the minimum done ha ha. Don't judge, just know this is all a work in progress! If you are a highly motivated individual who gets it all done, please let me know how!!!

A typical Monday in the life of Madeline:

8:00 a.m. - Nathan wakes up, so I wake up. (Some days he sleeps in so I sleep in too, but on Mondays we have a morning obligation, so we get up on time!)
8:15-8:45 a.m. - We eat breakfast together. Usually I make him some scrambled eggs and some sort of fruit. Sometimes there are pancakes or waffles.
8:45-9:15 a.m. - We get ready to go! 
9:15 a.m. - We get in the car and drive across town to Nathan's gym class.
9:30-10:30 a.m. - Nathan gets his wiggles out and learns cool new tricks at his My Gym class. (I seriously recommend this place! My Gym is in every state and it's the coolest.)
10:45 - 11:30 a.m. - We decompress, eat a snack or an early lunch, and get ready for nap time.
12:00 - 1:30/2/2:30 p.m. - Nathan Naps. During Nathan's nap I will clean the bathroom, get the morning dishes done, blog/read blogs or check emails, get work done for my job, etc. I try to just fit in as much as I can. Some days I'm tired or lazy or whatever and I just do the bathroom and then watch a show and relax haha. 
2:00 - 5:00 p.m. - This is a pretty flexible time. We may go to the grocery store or Target or something. If the weather is nice we might go for a walk or to the park with friends. Sometimes we just hang out at home and read books, play with cars, kick his soccer ball around, those kinds of things. 
5:00 p.m. - I start prepping anything I need to for dinner. Nathan is usually getting antsy around this time so I might set him down with a little cutie orange or applesauce pouch and let him watch Baby Einstein or Winnie the Pooh haha.
6:00-7:00 p.m. - I finish up dinner and get the table set. Alex comes home from work and we eat together and talk about our day. 
7:00-8:00 p.m. - We get Nathan in the bath or one of us plays with him while the other clears the dishes and wipes up the table. I will usually practice Spanish on DuoLingo while Alex bathes Nathan. Then we play in Nathan's room for a little bit - He likes to read books, play hide and seek in his closet, and kick his ball around. We let him pick our his pajamas, then he says goodnight to Alex and I rock him before he goes down in his crib.
8:30-10:30 p.m. - I finish cleaning up the living room, Alex finishes the dishes. When that's done it's usually shower/get ready for bed time. We might watch a show or just relax for a little while before going to bed.

Things I want to improve on!:

I need to fit in exercise. I was trying to do exercise videos with Nathan in the morning, but he would get pretty upset with me about 10 minutes in, and that was stressful. Especially when I was doing yoga and supposed to be relaxed ha ha. I have a million other things to do during nap time, so it's not super conducive during that time either. I could potentially wake up EARLIER than Nathan. In fact, I think that's probably the best solution. That requires quite a bit of self-discipline, and I'm always worried he'll hear me and wake up too early ha ha, but I should try it.

My evening time needs to be more productive. I would like to spend more time reading and doing my photography class in the evenings. I'm going to print off a calendar and hang it by my bed. On each day I'm going to write what personal goals I would like to have accomplished that day as far as reading, journaling, blogging, and photography class are going, and then hopefully that will help keep me on track! 

Basically I need to be better at getting off my phone at night especially, because that time is precious!

Ok, this was long. Anyway, I'm really excited to see how the other ladies manage their days, and I'm hoping to get some good ideas for myself!! Let's check them out!


Kiana at Glitter&Donuts
Erica at Good Job Momma

Cayli at Nightchayde
Rachel at Tutus and Heels
Monica at It's All About

 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment