CaseyLand: Love my Baby

Friday, April 28, 2017

Love my Baby




Is there anything more innocent or angelic than a sleeping baby? 
I was scrolling through Facebook the other night and came upon an article headline that immediately made me burst into tears. I sat there, sobbing, wondering why such terrible things happen in the world - especially to innocent babies.

I always wish I could take every baby in the world into my arms and just give them the biggest hug, just to let them know they are loved and safe, and it seriously kills me that it's impossible for me to do that.

I have prayed and prayed to know why things like this happen, why some babies are sent to horrible conditions, and some parents who desperately want babies don't get them. I don't know why. I don't know how to fix it, or how to make any of it better. It's honestly something I struggle with - just not understanding why.

One time, when I was praying about it, I was asking what I could do to help. How can I help these babies? How can I fix it? And the answer I got at that time was, "love your own baby."

I can do that. I can make sure that my baby never goes a day without feeling hungry or scared. Never feels loneliness or pain inflicted because of me. I can make sure he is incredibly spoiled with hugs and kisses and all the strawberries his little heart desires. It won't fix all the wrong in the world, but it will make sure that at least one baby has the best life possible.

Maybe someday I'll figure out how to make a difference on a larger scale - if you have any ideas, let me know - but for now, I can love my baby.

 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment