CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Day to Night

Monday, March 13, 2017

Mommy Style Monday: Day to Night

Mommy Style Monday is a blog series my friend Kiana and I created, so that we could share our style with each other and moms like us! Style is an all encompassing word. It can mean a lot more than just what you're wearing, and everyone has their own unique style in every aspect of their lives.  Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to be a part of the next Mommy Style Monday, fill out the form here. We would be thrilled to have you! If you know of a cute mama who has style to share, let her know about this link up!

This week's post is all about taking a look from day to night. I was wearing this super comfy sweater dress to church that I thought maybe I could style from day to night, but then I realized that would not be super true to my typical style, so I came up with something more normal haha. I used to wear dresses during the day all the time back when I was teaching, but lately I've been much more of a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl!

I'm afraid I'm just naturally not a super dramatic or fancy person, so my day to night isn't all that exciting. Basically I took a look I would wear any day of the week and dressed it up a little as if I was going out with the ladies or out with Alex for date night!

DAY:


Lip Gloss: Burt's Bees  Shirt: Jane.com  Jeans: Nordstrom  Shoes: Vans

 
Like I said, my day look is a typical jeans and t-shirt kind of look, but I guess it probably looks more put together since the shirt is a button up. Or is it button down? I really don't know the difference, someone educate me. On any given day my hair is usually up in a ponytail or low messy bun. I usually do my makeup each day because it helps me feel ready to go, and I love lipstick, but if I'm on the go or staying at home I'll usually just swipe on some chapstick or a moisturizing gloss.

NIGHT:

Jacket: Nordstrom  Booties: Target  Lipstick: Katy Perry's line, this one is called Kitty Purry


For my night look, I changed into a pair of wedge booties, (Heels always feel fancy to me. People who wear them every day are my heroes!) and a casual leather jacket. I also put on some lipstick, but I still chose a pretty neutral color ha ha, so there isn't much of a difference. I thought about going darker, but the color I was thinking of was in a different room and I was lazy... yep, that's how I do fashion.

So there you have it! A pretty casual look from day to night. Let's check out how these other fancy ladies did by clicking the links below! Thanks for reading!

Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Rachel at Tutus and Heels
Erica at Good Job Momma
Monica at It's All About

 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment