CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Spring Cleaning!

Monday, February 27, 2017

Mommy Style Monday: Spring Cleaning!

Mommy Style Monday is a blog series my friend Kiana and I created, so that we could share our style with each other and moms like us! Style is an all encompassing word. It can mean a lot more than just what you're wearing, and everyone has their own unique style in every aspect of their lives.  Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to be a part of the next Mommy Style Monday, fill out the form here. We would be thrilled to have you! If you know of a cute mama who has style to share, let her know about this link up!

Ok! So somehow like two weeks went by without any posts from me, and I don't have any excuses really except we got the stomach flu, and I regained my health but lost all my motivation. Still working on getting it back ha ha...

Anyway, today we're talking about spring cleaning which I wish I felt more prepared to talk about! Right now spring cleaning is a beautiful dream that exists only in my head. Here are my favorite ways to stay organized and clean:

I apologize for this picture. I just... I just didn't even feel like trying tbh.
1. I have a cleaning chart for myself for each day. Some weeks I do better than others at this, but for the most part I stick to it! Mondays are bathrooms, Tuesdays are the living room, Wednesdays are the kitchen, Thursdays are the laundry room, and Fridays are bedrooms and laundry days. On Saturdays I'm supposed to do monthly chores like washing windows and cleaning out the car... I'm the worst at the Saturday ones ha ha.

2. Cleaning my closet. I LOVE CLEANING MY CLOSET. I'm serious. I love going through all my clothes and just tossing stuff. I do this about twice a year. Once in the spring, and once in the fall. In the Spring I go through my closet and get rid of all the winter clothes I didn't wear the whole season. Because if I didn't wear them this winter, I'm most likely never going to wear them the next winter! In the fall I do the same with my summer clothes.  I usually donate most of the clothes, but my nicer ones I like to send to ThredUp!

3. The One Minute Rule. I have tried really hard to abide by the One Minute Rule, which means, if something is going to take me one minute or less - I just do it. If there's something on the floor and it will take two seconds to pick it up, I pick it up! Isn't that weird how tempted we are to just leave it and "pick it up later"? Haha and by the time later comes there are three more things on the floor! I am always tempted to leave things for later, so I try really hard to be strong and just do it in the moment. It makes a big difference!

Anyway, that's pretty much all I have! Alex and I have so many goals as far as updating and maintaining our house. I try to take good care of what we have so that we can really enjoy living here, and then it's more fun to keep it beautiful. I should do a whole post on our tiny house someday, but then I'd really have to be on top of cleaning... so I will get going with that!! :)

Let's all head over to check out these other ladies who probably know what they're doing way more than I do!
Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Rachel at Tutus and Heels
Britt at My Little Sunshine
Monica at It's All About
Cayli at Nightchayde


 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment