CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Keeping the Romance Alive!

Monday, February 13, 2017

Mommy Style Monday: Keeping the Romance Alive!

Mommy Style Monday is a blog series my friend Kiana and I created, so that we could share our style with each other and moms like us! Style is an all encompassing word. It can mean a lot more than just what you're wearing, and everyone has their own unique style in every aspect of their lives.  Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to be a part of the next Mommy Style Monday, fill out the form here. We would be thrilled to have you! If you know of a cute mama who has style to share, let her know about this link up!






Before having Nathan, I felt like all anyone wanted to tell me about having kids was super negative things! Like, to the point that I was wondering why any of these people had kids? ;) One of the things most people said was that after you have kids, alone time with your husband is not really a thing anymore. This was particularly frightening to me because I LOVE Alex! He's my best friend and the person I have the best time with. So life without those things just sounded awful.

Here's what I can tell you about time with your husband (or s/o) after baby: It's just... different.

And different doesn't mean bad! The biggest thing I've noticed that's changed is that there isn't really the spontaneity factor anymore. Like, we can't just be sitting around on the weekend and then say "Hey, why don't we see what movies are playing?" and then just go to the theater. You catch my drift? Alone time can happen, but alone time takes planning. It's not bad, just different. Since Nathan was born, we've made some good friends and they are willing to babysit Nathan so we can go out, and then we babysit their kids so they can go out, and it's been the best thing! Everyone with kids needs to find some friends to swap babysitting with.

My marriage is the most important thing. Alex comes first. This may sound mean or wrong to some people when it comes to having kids, but here's the deal - when your marriage is happy, your kids are happy. So yeah, Alex comes first. In our marriage, we don't do a lot of spectacular show stopping things to keep the romance alive, it's more in the little things. Here are some examples:

Things I do for Alex:
1. Make things at home less stressful than things at school. Alex has a super demanding school schedule and is under a lot of pressure to perform well in all aspects of his life. I try to keep things running smoothly at home so that he doesn't have any extra worries when he pulls into the driveway.
2. Laugh at his jokes. 95% of the time they are actually funny. The other 5% I just laugh because why not? What do I have to lose by NOT LAUGHING? Life is better when you laugh.
3. Listen to his problems. I don't understand hardly anything he says about his problems at school because they are all about engineering, but I will happily listen anyway just so he can get it off his chest! And if I do understand, I'll try to see if there is anything I can do to help.
4. Don't keep score. We're a team. If I do something, I don't automatically expect him to do something in return. I don't expect him to "pay me back". There will be times where I'm pulling more weight in the relationship, but there will also be times where he is pulling more weight, and that's ok! We said we'd do this life thing together, and we intend to see it through.

Things Alex does for me:
1. Looks great every day. For real, the kid just wakes up looking good. Why are boys like that?? Seems unfair.
2. Pays attention to the mundane details. e.g. Remembers when to change the furnace filter, get the oil changed, watches to see if any tires are low on air, notices when the gutters need to be cleaned out, etc.
3. Kisses me as soon as he walks in the door. It's always nice to feel like he's excited to see me.
4. Slays everything in his life like a Boss. Even when he thinks he isn't doing well, he's still doing better than 95% of  people around him, and that's like, super attractive. I like to know my man can handle life haha.

I am only doing four for each of us, which seems random, but equality in all things, etc, etc. What do you do to keep the romance alive in your life?

Check out what the other lovely ladies who joined us said by clicking their links below!
Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Chandler at Life as a Larsen
Rachel at Tutus and Heels
Kahana at A Beautiful Life
Monica at It's All About
Andrea at Snow by Heart
Melissa at The Frolics of Mama Llama
Erica at Good Job Momma
Cayli at Nightchayde
Juli at Enjoying the Journey
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment