CaseyLand: Quality Time with JORD

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Quality Time with JORD


Have any of you ever taken the "5 Love Languages" quiz? I've taken it a few times over the years, and by far my main love language is always Quality Time. When Alex and I first started dating, we spent every moment we could together. Even if it was just me reading on the couch while he slaved away over homework, it was always more fun if we were at least in the same room. 

Now that we're older and have more responsibilities, being in the same room isn't always as easy as it once was! We have a toddler now, Alex is getting his PhD, and we're homeowners, which means a lot of our time is taken up by day to day tasks, homework, and housework! We definitely always sit down together for dinner, and I have found that I cherish that time where we can just sit and chat without feeling the weight of our to-do lists on our shoulders. 



A funny thing I've realized about Alex over the years is how he views time. In his head, he is always going to be a lot faster than he really is! Have you heard the term "football minute"? I like to use the term "Alex minute". If Alex tells me he'll be finished with something in 10 minutes, I always tack on an extra 20 and call it good. As annoying as that could get, I've found that if I automatically round up, it doesn't bug me at all! It's just a funny quirk. It's like when people talk about marriage and say, "Don't sweat the small stuff. It's all small stuff."


One time before Christmas, Alex told me he needed to take his table saw over to his friends house and help his friend build some shelves on a Saturday. I agreed that would be a nice thing to do, but I really hoped he would finish quickly and come back home soon. That week he had already pulled some late nights, and I love having Alex around to help me put Nathan to bed! The day went on, and Alex's shelf building didn't seem to be ending any time soon. I was trying not to be annoyed about the situation, but I couldn't help but wish he would just come home and spend some quality time with me instead! Come to find out later, Alex was so late because he was building me an amazing custom art piece out of reclaimed wood! 



When Alex is later than he says he's going to be, I know it's because he is working hard to make the most of his education. Or maybe he's working hard to make a surprise for me! Or he might even be working hard to help somebody else. 

I love spoiling Alex whenever I get the chance (not that often!!). So when I saw these amazing men's watches made of wood from JORD, I thought they were something I would love to get for him! The wood watches are so unique, and impeccably made. The quality is not lacking, that's for sure. If you're struggling with what to get your husband for Valentine's Day, definitely take a look at their men's watches. And, I don't know... maybe show your husband the women's watch selection?? Because I know I would love to sport one of those beautiful watches on my wrist!


Alex's JORD Watch

Even though I may not get as much time with Alex as I used to, when we do spend time together, I feel like the quality of the time is even better because we know that what we're doing when we are apart from each other is just making our lives now, and our future lives a little brighter.

This post was in collaboration with JORD Watches, but all opinions are my own.
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment