CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Resolutions

Monday, January 2, 2017

Mommy Style Monday: Resolutions

Mommy Style Monday is a blog series my friend Kiana and I created, so that we could share our style with each other and moms like us! Style is an all encompassing word. It can mean a lot more than just what you're wearing, and everyone has their own unique style in every aspect of their lives.  Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to be a part of the next Mommy Style Monday, fill out the form here. We would be thrilled to have you! If you know of a cute mama who has style to share, let her know about this link up!


This week for Mommy Style Monday we wanted to focus especially this time around on things that we're already doing well as moms, and we felt that this tied in nicely with resolutions. As a mom, one of the things I feel like I'm really good at is being patient, and not worrying. I think it's easy to get overwhelmed with all the attention your baby needs and the huge task it is to raise them to be wonderful human beings. I know that if I'm constantly worried about that, I won't be helping anyone. I'm good at listening to Nathan, and understanding his needs. I'm good at making him feel loved and comfortable. I'm good at the basics, so this year, I want to focus on the rest.

Alright, so honestly? I'm terrible at resolutions. But show me a person who is NOT terrible at resolutions! Show me! I think maybe I chose a word last year? But I literally have no idea what the word was. Last year was a year of self discovery in a lot of ways for me. I started out the year still figuring out the whole mother thing and finding a routine with my little baby, and I ended the year feeling much more confident in motherhood, and wondering where my personal routine would end up!

There are a lot of things I want to do. I want to become better at photography, I want to take a cooking/baking class, I want to be intentional with my teaching of Nathan, and I want to have a better fitness routine and actually make an effort to care about what I'm eating. I want to read more, and watch tv less. I want to send personal notes in the mail to friends and family now and then. I want to finish painting the interior of my house, and sew some curtains and maybe a few pillows. I want to be better about scripture study, and have a more firm testimony. I want it all! 

I think as long as I continue doing the basics with Nathan, he will be fine, and I will be fine. We will be just fine! But why not try a little harder to be a little better? For me it's really going to come down to time management and organization. I need to write more things down and follow through, so that's what I'm going to be working on! 

My resolutions as a mom are to use my planner and make monthly goals that I hang in plain sight! Seeing your goals every day makes the biggest difference.

What are your resolutions this year?


Check out the other ladies resolutions for this year here:

Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Madeline at CaseyLand
Rachel at Tutus and Heels

Cayli at Nightchayde
Juli at Enjoying the Journey
Monica at It's All About
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment