CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Cold Weather Activities

Monday, January 16, 2017

Mommy Style Monday: Cold Weather Activities

Mommy Style Monday is a blog series my friend Kiana and I created, so that we could share our style with each other and moms like us! Style is an all encompassing word. It can mean a lot more than just what you're wearing, and everyone has their own unique style in every aspect of their lives.  Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to be a part of the next Mommy Style Monday, fill out the form here. We would be thrilled to have you! If you know of a cute mama who has style to share, let her know about this link up!



So mostly, I'm excited for this post because I want to hear other people's cold weather activities!! Being cooped up in the house with a super active 16 month old is no joke! I mean, he seems to be taking it in stride, so I guess it's just me, but still. One thing I discovered about being a stay at home mom is that it's super important for me to get out of the house each day, even if it's just for 10 minutes! So winter has been a whole new world.

For Christmas I gave Nathan some puzzles, and we've been having a lot of fun putting those together. Nathan's actually really good at it. He knows where all the pieces go! I love having toys that work on his motor skills and problem solving skills, and puzzles really help with that. We've also been racing his hot wheels a lot on our hard wood floors, and building many a tower with his mega blocs!

When we need to get out of the house, it's usually to go to the store to grab something. I'm not feeling that as a winter activity though, because Nathan just sits in the cart the whole time. I like activities that keep him active because then he sleeps better ;). Recently, we discovered that our local mall is a great place to get out the wiggles! It's kind of like a place you can go for a "walk", and it's fun for me and Nathan both! Ha ha, luckily if it's only me and Nathan by ourselves, I am less tempted to go into the stores and spend money. But really, he loves wandering the long hallway between the shops, and stopping to play on all the mini merry-go-rounds and cars. I know really you're supposed to spend some money to make those things move, but I'm pretty sure if I did that Nathan would freak out and it would be a waste of money, so we're perfectly content playing on a non-moving vehicle! There is also a really fun kids play area with a soft mat floor and lots of slides and tunnels. Nathan doesn't really get the concept of a tunnel... either that or he is afraid of them, I can't tell. But he has recently discovered he loves slides!

Anyway, that's probably been my favorite winter activity discovery lately. I'm also hoping to snag a pass to our local kids museum and take him to the trampoline gym nearby!

What do you do to keep from getting cabin fever?

Check out the other ladies' ideas below:
Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment