CaseyLand: Our Christmas

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Our Christmas

I can't believe Christmas has already come and gone, and I'm not too happy about it! So I guess I'll reminisce and share some pictures with you all. We spent Christmas morning with my family. We woke up, got ready for church, and left without even looking at the tree! When we came back we ate breakfast, and then finally got ready to go into the sitting room where all the presents were. It was so fun to watch Nathan get excited about opening things, and especially when he loved his new puzzle I got him! It was a little overwhelming for him, so we took it slow. He wanted time to play with each thing before he had to open something else ha ha. He still hasn't opened his stocking! I didn't take pictures because my camera was dead, but at Alex's family's house he got even more cool stuff! They totally spoiled him with a bunch of beautiful books and some really fun toys. That kid is set until next Christmas ha ha. So many fun things to do! Both our families are so generous and made us feel so loved. This Christmas was one to remember for sure!

Alex's family did this really cool thing where for Secret Santa we did an act of service or gave a donation in honor of the person whose name we drew. It was so special, and many tears were shed when we heard what people had done in our name to help others! My sweet sister in law Candace helped a family with a newborn baby move, and helped a teacher make gifts for her underprivileged students in honor of me, and it was really touching.

My siblings and I gave my parents a custom home painting of their house because they are moving soon, and they really loved it! I love giving people gifts that make them cry ha ha :)

Alex gave me something I'm way excited about! Do any of you follow Raw Restorations on Instagram? They make the coolest custom pieces out of reclaimed wood. I'm obsessed with their custom mountain piece, and I have wanted one for months now. But, it's wayyyyyyy expensive, and I'm just a PhD student's wife right now ha ha. Turns out, Alex has built one for me! He's getting really into wood working lately, and he made a super cool custom mountain piece for me!! It's back in Indiana, so I can't wait to see it in person. I'll definitely do a post about it!

Anyway, here are some pictures! Nathan was just the cutest, so it was hard to narrow down ha ha.

Waiting patiently to go in and see the gifts!







Not sure what happened in this photo, but it's kind of cool!
Who else is obsessed with Rifle Paper Co.?


I loved seeing Nathan all snuggled up to my brother. He got this vehicles puzzle, and he was taking one of the cars and driving it up and down my brother's chest ha ha. 


 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment