CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Favorite Books

Monday, December 5, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: Favorite Books

Mommy Style Monday is a blog series my friend Kiana and I created, so that we could share our style with each other and moms like us! Style is an all encompassing word. It can mean a lot more than just what you're wearing, and everyone has their own unique style in every aspect of their lives.  Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to be a part of the next Mommy Style Monday, fill out the form here. We would be thrilled to have you! If you know of a cute mama who has style to share, let her know about this link up!

Alright, so this post was really hard for me! I LOVE books. I'm totally one of those people who could spend all day in a book store and not get bored. I want to read them all! And children's books are so special. It's so hard for me to not buy Nathan another book any time I'm around them, because reading is so fun for me! It's been the cutest lately, because Nathan has just decided he also really likes books, and he always picks one out in the morning and climbs in my lap to read together. Heart. Melted.

Anyway, it's near impossible for me to pick a favorite. I should just take a picture of his bookshelf, but at the moment he's supposed to be napping, so I'm not going to go in there for a picture ha ha. I chose a few of my favorites that were on the bookshelf in our living room and in the diaper bag! The ones in the living room are my favorites because they are the cutest, and the ones in the diaper bag are Nathan's favorites because they're the most fun :)


Ok, so you can see I am obsessed with BabyLit. I have like 12 more of the baby lit books, but we don't need a picture of all of them! I love that they take classic stories and pick and element from them to focus on. Huckleberry Finn is a "camping primer", Secret Garden is a "flowers primer", etc. The pictures are adorable, and they are so fun to read! I also love the All Aboard! series. It makes me excited to take Nathan to all those places someday. The pictures are so so cute, and the information is all really interesting and fun! I'm also a fan of Usborne books, but we only have two of them. Nathan is OBSESSED with both. The Slide and See one pictured is read multiple times daily, and the other one we have is "My First 100 Words" which has 9 little books inside of a big book just full of words that he will learn. He loves taking out the little books one at a time, reading them, and putting them back. And then finally, the Emergency Vehicles book ha ha. I picked that one up for $3 at a secondhand books store, and Nathan loves looking at the cool vehicles in it! 

So those are some of our favorites right now. What books are you loving?? I'm always looking for new ones :)

Since I'm always on the hunt, I think I'll check out the other ladies who linked up this week! 
Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Juli at Enjoying the Journey
Monica at It's All About
Rachel at Tutus and Heels
Lori at Love My Big Happy Family
Cayli at Nightchayde
Shani at Sunshine & Munchkins
Chelsea at Tessa Marie

 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment