CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Christmas Traditions

Monday, December 19, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: Christmas Traditions

Mommy Style Monday is a blog series my friend Kiana and I created, so that we could share our style with each other and moms like us! Style is an all encompassing word. It can mean a lot more than just what you're wearing, and everyone has their own unique style in every aspect of their lives.  Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to be a part of the next Mommy Style Monday, fill out the form here. We would be thrilled to have you! If you know of a cute mama who has style to share, let her know about this link up!

Happy Monday Everyone! I'm writing this from UTAH! Because I finally made it here to be with family! I'll have to tell the story later but it involves a cancelled flight and spending the night in an airport. With a baby. Who didn't sleep.

Ok! So today we're talking about Christmas Traditions, which I love! I love Christmas! Alex and I have always spent Christmas with our families throughout our marriage, and honestly I don't see that changing any time soon. I'm sure once our kids are older and my siblings and Alex's have their own kids we will end up doing our own thing, but right now spending time with our families is where it's at! However, since we moved to Indiana, we started doing our own little Christmas the morning before we hop on the plane to Utah.This year was especially fun because Nathan likes opening presents! He said "wow!!" every time he opened one and it was just adorable. 



Christmas traditions to me aren't usually anything big. We always have lots of treats everywhere, and drink lots of soda ha ha. We play games late into the night, and watch cheesy Hallmark movies and the classic Christmas movies. On Christmas Eve we always go to a movie. My parents started that because when we were kids we were way too hyped up on Christmas Eve and they needed a way to pass the time ha ha. We also open Christmas pjs and "Secret Santa" gifts. On Christmas morning we have to make sure our rooms are clean before we can come out (yes, even when we are married, ha!) and then we aren't allowed to look at the tree and we eat a big breakfast! We have church at 11 here, so I'm guessing after breakfast we'll just get ready for church, and then when we come home we'll do presents! We each take turns and basically Christmas goes all day at our house. 

It's fun for me to think of what I'm going to do for my kids one day. I love the way I grew up doing Christmas with my family, and I will probably incorporate a lot of that into the traditions with my own little family! So, you guys know Elf on the Shelf? I'm sorry if you love it, but he really creeps me out, and it sounds like a lot of effort to me. But anyway, I saw someone post on Facebook a few weeks ago about the way they do Elf on the Shelf and I loved it!! They leave the Elf up in one spot every day until Christmas, and each night their kids bring a toy to the elf for the elf to take back to Santa for another kid! I thought that was such a great way to get your kids to serve others, and get rid of extra toys before they get a whole bunch of new stuff. I think I will probably do that with my kids too.

So yeah! There are my thoughts on Christmas traditions. Basically I love all of them. I want to hear about yours! What's your favorite tradition?

Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Erica at Good Job Momma
Cayli at Nightchayde
Britt at My Little Sunshine
Juli at Enjoying the Journey
Chelsea at Naturally Chels
Sue at Sue's News



 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment