CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Hobbies for Mom

Monday, November 21, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: Hobbies for Mom

Mommy Style Monday is a blog series my friend Kiana and I created, so that we could share our style with each other and moms like us! Style is an all encompassing word. It can mean a lot more than just what you're wearing, and everyone has their own unique style in every aspect of their lives.  Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to be a part of the next Mommy Style Monday, fill out the form here. We would be thrilled to have you! If you know of a cute mama who has style to share, let her know about this link up!

I have tried a thousand times and I can't get the text below to be a normal size. :'( SOS!


When Kiana and I were discussing our next Mommy Style Monday, the topic of hobbies came up and I was just laughing to myself. I mean, what have I been talking about lately?? Only how I struggle so much with hobbies. Growing up, I spent almost any spare moment I had reading. I would go to the library, check out a stack of books from my waist to the top of my head, and then I would be back the next week doing the same thing. I didn't really develop any other hobbies. I played the piano for a little while, but when my aunt stopped teaching, I stopped learning. I don't have a competitive bone in my body (unless you're up for a card game), so sports were never really my thing, and I also don't have a coordinated bone in my body, so dance was out of the question. I loved art for a while, but after an art teacher who ridiculed me any chance she got (that was a weird year), I gave up and ran as far as I could. 

And then I went to college, and I guess dating became a hobby. Spending too much time on Facebook became a hobby. Eating nothing unless it was Taco Tuesday became a hobby. Surviving became a hobby... (anyone with me??)

After that, I worked full time, and came home wanting to hang out with my husband! Watching Netflix became a hobby. Going to bed early became a hobby. 

Now, I have a baby and I'm a stay at home mom and I'm realizing... I don't really have any creative hobbies! Except for this blog. I would say this blog has been a steady hobby of mine for the past 6 years. I've had my ups and downs, posting every day, and then posting mayyyyyybe twice a month. But it's always been there. Documenting my life has been a fun adventure, and it's amazing to look back at posts from five years ago and see how far I've come. Because of my reading obsession when I was younger, I still love to read, but I've also always had an interest in writing. As I've become older, writing non-fiction really appeals to me, and I have some dreams of writing a full on book some day. 

I think I can safely say my new hobby is to make my dreams a reality, and I'm working on it slowly but surely!

For instance, today I'm taking my wreath I got for 99 cents at Goodwill and I'm going to turn that thing into a HOLIDAY MASTERPIECE!








While going through my photos I realized I also have a hobby of selfies with my baby. It might be a little bit overdeveloped....


What are your hobbies? I'm looking to pick some up ;)

Check out the other ladies and their hobbies!
Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Sue at Sue's News
Britt at My Little Sunshine
Juli at Enjoying the Journey
Chelsea at Tessa Marie
Monica at It's All About
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment