CaseyLand: Family Time!

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Family Time!

This past weekend, my whole family flew to Indiana! It was so good to see them all in my tiny house. Nathan was over the moon. His favorite person is my sister Abi, and it's the cutest thing to watch them interact. My dad and brother stayed for a few hours on Saturday, but then they headed down to Indianapolis to see a Colt's game and continue on their annual NFL game road trip. Sadly, Olivia couldn't come, so for the rest of the weekend it was just my mom, Abi, and her husband Jake!

Nathan, being thrilled to have a new captive audience for the weekend while I put his pants on.
Alex and I had been trying to get Abi and Jake to watch Stranger Things for months, so while we had them here, we figured now was the time to force it to happen.
Alex kept popping up and surprising Nathan.
Don't look too close at me in this picture... ha ha ha

We spent too long at the park, so Nathan was exhausted before dinner. We turned on some Baby Einstein ha ha.
Little Yoda, using his wood plank as a lightsaber. 
Exploring downtown... maybe one day it won't be under construction. But I'll believe it when I see it.

We watched all of Stranger Things, ate pumpkin pie ice cream, wandered around the city, and took Nathan to the park. It was a quick trip - just Saturday to Tuesday, but we had fun. We were kind of lame on Halloween ha ha. I kept seeing everyone's cute costumes, and I was like... oh well! Alex and I didn't even attempt to come up with costumes. I bought a yoda costume for Nathan last year that was way too big, so we put it on him for a few minutes this year. I think the problem is that we just don't have anywhere to go? Like, sorry, but I'm not taking my baby trick-or-treating. And we missed the ward Trunk-or-Treat on Saturday because we were hanging with my family, so yeah. I'm thinking next year I might host a murder mystery party or something! But this year, I was lame. It is what it is.

Anyway, that was a random tangent. I loved having my family here so much. Basically after they left yesterday morning, Nathan and I just wallowed in depression and stayed in our pajamas all day. After I leave my family, or they leave me, it always takes a few days of adjusting back to the lonely day to day stuff. It doesn't feel as lonely after a bit, but after a fun filled entertaining few days, it's pretty tough to reconcile with the fact that it's just me and my cutest baby ever taking on life in the tiny house in Indiana.

looking cute while wallowing.
But fear not! I will bounce back as I usually do! And the good news is, Christmas is basically around the corner and we'll all be together again! Hooray!

p.s. if you are wondering where Alex was for the rest of the time after that one picture of him at the park... he's a grad student, guys. He doesn't have time to pose for pictures.

 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment