CaseyLand: A Thankful Heart

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

A Thankful Heart





Somewhere along the line, I realized that in order to be truly happy, we have to be grateful for what we have. Especially in this day and age, it's easy to look around and wish we had more, or feel inferior in some way. It's easy to get down on ourselves, get down on other people, and feel like the world is always cloudy.

A lot of people talk about how social media is just bombarded with pictures and posts all about the "perfect life", and how it can be disheartening to see, and sometimes feels fake. Here's my perspective thought - ANYONE can have the "perfect life". It's all about perspective. You are the one who can create beauty in your own life. Beauty and happiness does not appear in your home when you buy the latest and greatest from Target or West Elm. It doesn't show up with your trip to Hawaii. It is not found in the perfect dress that everyone is buying. Beauty and Happiness come from you, your attitude, and your thankful heart.

It's my goal to always be thankful for the things I do have! I may live in a teeny tiny house right now, with limited funds, feeling like my husband will be in school for the rest of forever... And I could totally choose to see it as just that. I could complain and moan about being alone here in Indiana, and how I don't have family around me. I could be jealous of my friends who are finished with school and going on vacations. Instead, I shift my focus.

I am so thankful that my husband is hard working, that he got a full ride for his PhD and even secured a prestigious fellowship. I'm thankful that all this hard work here in Indiana will secure us a comfortable future. I'm thankful for my tiny house that I get to make my own every day. I'm thankful that I don't have to worry about a landlord, or noisy upstairs neighbors. I'm so thankful for all of the friendly wonderful people here in Indiana who have become my makeshift family, and I'm sure lifelong friends. I'm thankful for all of my modern comforts. I'm thankful for this blog, and for all the wonderful people I've met through writing it. I'm most especially grateful for my husband and my sweet sweet cutest-baby-in-the-world, who keep me smiling and laughing every day.

Look around yourself! Open your eyes! You may be going through the hardest trial of your life, you may have had a bad day, you may have hurt feelings over something, you may have lost hope in the world around you - Look around! There is far more good than bad. And you have the power to make it even better and brighter than it is right now. Harness that power, take control over your life, and have a thankful heart. True happiness is yours for the taking.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. 😘

 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment