CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Meal Time

Monday, September 26, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: Meal Time

Mommy Style Monday is a blog series my friend Kiana and I created, so that we could share our style with each other and moms like us! Style is an all encompassing word. It can mean a lot more than just what you're wearing, and everyone has their own unique style in every aspect of their lives.  Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to be a part of the next Mommy Style Monday, fill out the form here. We would be thrilled to have you! If you know of a cute mama who has style to share, let her know about this link up!

This time around, we chose "meal time" as our inspiration. I have to admit, this week was very self-serving, because I find myself lacking creativity when it comes to meal time for Nathan! His favorite foods are strawberries, avocado, and tomatoes... so, all fruit. I try to add veggies in there whenever I can, but I find that he is very opinionated, and he KNOWS when it's not going to taste as good just by looking at it. If he thinks the food doesn't look that good, he just throws it on the floor. Or, if the food looks interesting enough to put in his mouth, but then he doesn't like it, he does this little lizard tongue move and spits the food out. It's very frustrating! And THEN to make things even more frustrating, say he liked eggs for breakfast on Tuesday, on Wednesday he will suddenly find them repulsive! So it's frustrating and confusing! As a first time mom, all I can say right now for my mommy style when it comes to food is that I need HELP. If you have any tips or tricks for getting your baby to eat healthy food and not be so picky, let me know! Or also, is this just a phase? He used to eat anything I gave him! Will he grow out of it? He also does this thing where if I give him small pieces of something he will toss them aside, but if I give him the whole thing (whatever it may be) without breaking it apart, he will eat it? Anyway. SOS. 

Here are some pictures from tonight: We made waffles and scrambled eggs, and he refused to even let them touch his lips. So I gave in and cut up some strawberries just so he would eat something. When dinner was finished, he put a piece of waffle in his mouth and ate it without any complaint! So, what the heck???




Let's see what awesome ideas the other Mom's have for meal time! I know I need it!

Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Bekah at These Are The Days
Britt at My Little Sunshine
Beverly at What a Day 
Chelsea at Tessa Marie
Monica at It's All About
Erica at Good Job Momma

Don't forget to sign up for next time!
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment