CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Date Night

Monday, September 12, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: Date Night

Mommy Style Monday is a blog series my friend Kiana and I created, so that we could share our style with each other and moms like us! Style is an all encompassing word. It can mean a lot more than just what you're wearing, and everyone has their own unique style in every aspect of their lives.  Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to be a part of the next Mommy Style Monday, fill out the form here. We would be thrilled to have you! If you know of a cute mama who has style to share, let her know about this link up!

This weeks MSM is featuring a date night look, which really made me laugh. Ha! When was the last time I went on a date? Ummm... let's say probably Christmas break when we had my parents to take care of the baby. Or I guess maybe the day we left him with some friends while we drove down to Indy and bought a car? Alex and I have had a really hard time feeling comfortable letting anyone in Indiana watch him. That's one of the hardest things about living away from family! I know that there are a lot of trustworthy people in my ward, so I'm pretty open to getting a babysitter. Alex, on the other hand, is a lot more nervous about the whole operation. I've been working on him, and he says we can go on a date when Quals are over! What are Quals, you ask? Oh, just the terrible Qualification Exams every PhD student must pass or their education is over pretty much. No big deal. All you have to do is study for months beforehand, 24/7. Alex's first Qual is tomorrow, and his last is on the 21st! Everything we want to do is being postponed until after quals: date night, painting the living room, Nathan's first birthday party... But it's ok, because the Quals are a necessary evil. Alex has been working so hard, he's amazing! I'm so proud of him and his dedication to taking care of our family in the future. And also his willingness to take awkward blog photos of me whenever I ask. He is a champion.

And on we go to said pictures: 

Sweater: LOFT (old)  Pants: Nordstrom (Anniversary Sale!)  Shoes: Target

Fall fashion is a thing! It was 75 degrees today, and I was loving the chill in the air. Probably not quite sweater weather yet, but I bet when I actually go on a date after Quals are over, I'll be wearing something like this! We can only hope. 





 And before we get too carried away thinking I'm some sort of fashion blogger, let's admire the real me:


I'm really quite good at posing.

To check out what the other cute mom's are doing and wearing for their date nights, click their links below! And don't forget to sign up next time by clicking the link above! Thanks for reading!

Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Britt at My Little Sunshine
Juli at Journey of J^3
Beverly at What a Day 
Erica at Good Job Momma
Kristen at Eat Play and Go
Chelsea at Tessa Marie
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment