CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Water Day!

Monday, August 15, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: Water Day!

Mommy Style Monday is a blog series my friend Kiana and I created, so that we could share our style with each other and moms like us! Style is an all encompassing word. It can mean a lot more than just what you're wearing, and everyone has their own unique style in every aspect of their lives.  Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to be a part of the next Mommy Style Monday, fill out the form here. We would be thrilled to have you! If you know of a cute mama who has style to share, let her know about this link up!


Today's post is all about taking your kids to some sort of water. Whether that's the splash pad, pool, a fountain, a water park, the drinking fountain...! Any kind of water. I know some of my friends feel that taking their kids to the pool can be too much of a hassle, but for me I know how much Nathan loves water, so I try my best to let him have some fun! We have a really nice pool near us with the best little kiddie area that's fun to go to. The friend we usually go with just had a brand new baby, so we haven't been in a while! For this post I have to admit I kind of dropped the ball. I wasn't planning any pool day, and I didn't get Nathan out in his little panda pool, so I just got us dressed up as if we were actually going swimming and took some pictures with the pool! It's fine. We're fine. Afterward I was like, I should have just filled up the pool anyway in the backyard, but I was worried it would rain because it was super overcast when we took the pictures. So yeah. We're basically in the grass in the backyard pretending we're going to the pool.

Anyway, if I was really going to the pool, this is my style: I wear my swim suit with a dress as a coverup, Nathan has a cute swim suit involving a rash guard. I lather up his skin that's showing with some baby sunscreen. I try to remember to also lather myself up with sunscreen. Sometimes I wear a hat. I make sure I have an extra change of clothes and at least one extra swimming diaper + regular diapers. I bring a few little snacks. We forget the toys, and end up borrowing them from other kids at the pool. Nathan splashes around and is shocked when other kids splash him in the face. If he's playing with his panda pool in the backyard he enjoys splashing himself in the face with the hose. Afterward, we both take a long nap. (In my dreams! It's just Nathan taking the nap. But I sure love how the pool tuckers him out!)

It's pretty simple for me right now with just one little baby, but I'm sure if I had other kids going to the pool would be a much bigger ordeal! Don't forget to check out how the other ladies get their babies to the water by clicking on the links below!







dress: cotton on   shoes: nordstrom rack  Nathan's swimsuit: Baby Gap   Panda Pool: my local grocery store for $5!

Click below for the other mamas! And don't forget to click the link above to sign up for next time!

Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Erica at Good Job Momma
Bekah at These Are The Days
Jen at Jam Tart Boutique
Kristen at Eat Play and Go
Monica at It's All About
Jessica at Mason Jars and Lemon Bars
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment