CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Girls' Day Out

Monday, August 1, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: Girls' Day Out

Mommy Style Monday is a blog series my friend Kiana and I created, so that we could share our style with each other and moms like us! Style is an all encompassing word. It can mean a lot more than just what you're wearing, and everyone has their own unique style in every aspect of their lives.  Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to be a part of the next Mommy Style Monday, fill out the form here. We would be thrilled to have you! If you know of a cute mama who has style to share, let her know about this link up!

Motherhood is the best job ever!  Nathan is the sweetest little guy, and I love being around him. He makes me laugh so hard with all his crazy antics! He's also just at the most fun stage where every day he's learning something new. Last week he started waving, saying "hi!", and clapping all in the space of like two days! Amongst all this wonderful good stuff, there is also exhaustion. It really takes a toll on you mentally, emotionally, and physically, because you're constantly giving your all to another person. The other week, I found myself saying, "I NEED A BREAK." And I immediately texted a friend and asked if we could plan a girls' night. This is a necessary part of being a mother. Time out! Time to get dressed up, out of the house, eat a meal without feeding someone else the whole time, go shopping, to a movie, etc. Pedicures! Oh how I would love a pedicure right now. Whatever makes you happy!

When Kiana and I brought up this idea for MSM, we were excited because I was going to be visiting Utah the week before this post would go up! We decided to do pictures together, and actually took them at a real Girls' Day Out, so there you have it. When I mentioned on my Periscope (@madelinecasey_) that I was going to Utah, my cute friend Sue from Sue's News thought it would be so fun to plan a meet up! Funny story - Sue and I used to TRY to collaborate a couple years ago. She's amazingly talented at sewing a crafts, and I've always really admired her talents. I, however, am terrible at both those things, so I often left her hanging. I'm really glad she still wants to be friends with me! Anyway, she pretty much planned the whole thing, which was spectacular of her. Tons of beautiful blog, insta, and scope friends came and it was just the best! Social Media is the weirdest in a lot of ways but also really cool. One of my favorite ways is that you just feel like you know people really well, so when you meet them in person there is no awkwardness at all!  I'm naturally a little shy, but at these things it's surprisingly really easy for me to just go up and talk to people! Anyway, we went to CrEATe Donuts in Sandy, and it was really really yummy! They were so sweet and gave the "blog party" a free shot of gelato. :) I would totally recommend going there! I would show you some delicious pictures, but taking pictures of food is just really not my MO. I'm more of an eat-it-as-soon-as-it's-presented-to-me kind of person. 

It was so fun to get in my "cute clothes", get out of the house, eat yummy treats, and meet so many wonderful women! Kids were invited to this event, but I think it can still count as a Girls' Day Out in this case. Nathan was napping, or else you'd be bombarded with pictures of him as well ;). 



This picture ^^ makes me crack up because we  were explaining how awkward taking pictures is, and I was saying how I always ask Alex to tell me when I look weird and he often has to tell me to "stop sticking your butt out!"



Thanks to Riley for taking the pictures above! Also, if you don't follow her you should because she's hilarious, real, and sassy, and just one of my favorite blog friends ever.


All (almost all?) the gorgeous ladies who came! It was seriously a blast to meet so many of my online friends in real life! We are totally going to do this again the next time I come down, and I want to see YOU!!!

To see all the other lovely ladies who need a Girls' Day Out, click the links below! And remember to fill out the link above if you want to join us next time!

Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Madeline at CaseyLand
Bekah at These Are The Days
Monica at It's All About
Amy at Harris Inc.
Melissa at The Frolics of Mama Llama
Rose at Babies & Bluejeans
Beverly at What a Day 
Juli at Journey of J^3
Susan at Sue's News
Anndee at Anndee Between the Lines

 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment