CaseyLand: Family, isn't it about time?

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Family, isn't it about time?

Alright, continuing right along with my Utah trip... I need to go to bed, so this will be quick hopefully. I know I can get a little wordy on here. I can only hope that you will forgive me for not having professional pictures, and spending my time writing down lots of words. How annoying can I get?! Jk, it just seems like blogs are not about words anymore.

Anyway, the Sunday I was in Utah we had my brother's farewell talk. My sisters and I sang this song. It turned out pretty well, according to the many ward members who came up to us and said, "Why didn't we know you could sing!?! You should have been singing in church all the time!!" And this is where I'll tell you, the only time I sing in public is if someone directly asks me to, or if I'm singing with my sisters. I get shy, ok? Ok.

So we sang, and my brother gave a brilliant talk. His talk was a combined effort from my mom, sister Abi, and himself. In his first letter home he said they have to write a 3 minute talk like every day in the MTC, and he admitted it would be a challenge not having my mom help him hahahaha... it is SO GOOD for these young men to go on missions. SO GOOD.

Ok, here are the pictures. There. Not too many words, right? ;)

These pictures were all taken by my Grandma. As usual, I chose to not have a camera out during an event I would like to remember.


My sweet 95 year old great-grandma and my brother have always had a special bond. In his talk he said, "Thank you to my great grandmother, who promised she would be here when I get back." and she leaned over to us and said, "WHAT did he say? I never told him that!!!" 


Always be ready for a photo op, I always say.


And last but not least, left to right: Olivia, Me, Booty (aka Chris, my brother), Cousin Nick, Cousin Mikelle, Aunt Andrea, and Cousin Aubrey. We're an attractive bunch. Also, my cousins took a vote and decided I was the most normal cousin, so I'm going to toot that horn as long as I am living.

Alright, I was going to write some more, but it's bed time and I've bored you long enough, I'm thinking!

 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment