CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Independence Day!

Monday, July 4, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day everyone! First off, I want to start by saying I really do love our country. I feel like it's a really confusing time for America with all of the election stuff going on, and at times it can feel overwhelming and scary to think of all the changes that could happen. Especially as an adult! Suddenly all these politics mean something to me! But the thing is, I do feel extremely lucky to live here. This country was founded on solid principles that still mean a lot to most people. There is a reason people come here for "The American Dream", and I like to remember that. America is a place where literally anything is possible, especially if you're willing to work hard for it. I feel like even when things seem dark and dreary on the news and whatnot, there is still always hope. And I just love that.

With that being said, it's another round of Mommy Style Monday!

Mommy Style Monday is a blog series my friend Kiana and I created, so that we could share our style with each other and moms like us! Style is an all encompassing word. It can mean a lot more than just what you're wearing, and everyone has their own unique style in every aspect of their lives.  Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to be a part of the next Mommy Style Monday, fill out this form here. We'd love to have you!

When Kiana and I first discussed this post, I had an outfit already in mind! I was going to wear my cute white Old Navy dress, with my red Saltwater sandals (never mind that I have already taken pictures in that outfit and posted them here, so what who cares?) and maybe my navy blue sweater, because it's been unseasonably chilly here in good ole Indiana. And then while I was thinking more about it, I realized that was completely impractical. We're going to celebrate the Fourth of July at a BBQ with friends! You just don't wear a white dress, or white anything for that matter, to a BBQ! You just don't! So then I was thinking, well then, what DO I wear to a BBQ? And thus, this outfit was born. You guys, I love getting fancy, I do. But in my heart and soul I'll always be a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl. Anyone with me?


Did I steal this shirt from my husband's closet? Maybe. Ok, yes. Just trying to throw it back to the good days of Old Navy flag t-shirts! Every year, right? Who else wore those every year? I love a good over sized T, and Alex was more than willing to let me use it claiming that it "felt a little short" the last time he wore it. Lucky me!





I had to include this one because I think I really nailed the whole "looking down and smiling demurely" pose, don't you?? ha ha.


And then, when we were done taking pictures Alex goes, "Don't you want a picture with your garden?"
And I said, "Why would I want a picture with my garden?" 
And he said, "Because you're taking pictures! And it's your garden!"
Can't argue with that logic.


The face of someone who really wants to be photographed with her tomatoes.


Happy Independence Day! Be safe! Have fun! I'm going to make a FRUIT PIZZA!

Don't miss out on these lovely ladies sharing their versions of celebrating the red, white and blue! 

Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Cait at Cait's Cozy Corner
Chelsea at Tessa Marie
Kelsi at Lovestrong
Jen at Jam Tart Boutique
Monica at It's All About

And if you want to join, remember to fill out this form
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment