CaseyLand: Trip to Seaside: Pt. 2

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Trip to Seaside: Pt. 2

Usually we go to Seaside in July, so when we got there and saw the signs for the Cannon Beach Sand Castle competition we got so excited! The sand castles were seriously unreal. The boys spent the rest of the vacation trying to build great sand castles near our condo, and it was actually pretty entertaining! I'll let the pictures do the talking.


Nathan loves his Aunt Abi so much! Their relationship is the cutest.


My cute brother-in-law Jake is the best brother-in-law I could have ever wished for! He appears to have Abi's shoes wrapped in his plaid shirt which is tied around his waist in this picture... He might need some fashion help.






This one was called "The Roamin' Aquaducks!" It was my favorite :)






MFEO, am I right?




Funny Memory: When we drove over to Cannon Beach, Alex and I rode with Jake and Abi. So we get there, load Nathan up in the stroller and then walk up over to the beach. On the way, my sister Olivia calls us and tells us they parked at Mo's (tell me you know what Mo's is! Tell me!) and they didn't see any sand castles. The parking signs told them to park there but the sand castles were all the way on the other side of the beach where we were! So they had to walk all the way down the beach. So while they're walking down to meet us, we have arrived at the beach and are quickly realizing that pushing a stroller through the soft dry sand is really not going to work. I guess even "all-terrain" stroller wheels have a hard time making it through that stuff! We ended up carrying Nathan, and then Jake and Alex carried the stroller across the dry sand. It was quite a ways since the tide was out! Once we got to the wet sand it was all good to go, but it was a little rough at the start! Anyway, we all met up and had a great time. It was kind of sad to think that the castles would be washed away in a matter of hours! I totally recommend going to the contest if you're there in June next year!

 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment