CaseyLand: Trip to Seaside: pt. 1

Monday, June 27, 2016

Trip to Seaside: pt. 1

Hello, hello! I'm finally getting around to documenting our trip to Seaside. I know vacation posts can get kind of tedious, but hey, this is my blog, and I write what I want. However, I'm not the type of person who details everything I ate and where we went, when we went there. I try to just write down funny memories and let the pictures do the talking.  I guess what I'm saying is, I fully expect my vacation posts to be better and more entertaining than any other vacation post you've ever read in your life. ;)



Alex was growing out his beard for like two months before this vacation, because we were planning on getting family pictures taken at the beach and he wanted to bug my mom. No matter how many times I told him my mom would see right through that and not be bugged, he would not be dissuaded! He shaved it down to a mustache the day before our flight to Portland, and kept it until the morning of the pictures. No one was fooled. So, no, my husband has not decided to become a classic 90's dad, he simply has grand ideas of bugging his mother-in-law.


that. face. I just. I can't... if I believed in the saying "I can't even" I would probably say that. But I don't. So I won't. But seriously guys.



I'm not like dying to be in every picture, but I really don't want to be a "disney mom" (you know, as in the mom isn't present ever) so I make Alex take a couple of me just for the record. I was there! You had a mom!





Alex before this picture: "I would not want to take my shoes off right now. There's no way I'm getting wet this morning."

First funny memory: Two days before this, we were preparing to stay the night in Chicago because we had an early flight out of the Midway airport and we didn't want to wake up at the crack of dawn. (Turns out we forgot that we happen to be in the EST and Chicago is an hour behind us so it wouldn't have been bad anyway, but I digress). So we get to our little hotel room and there is only one bed and they didn't have a baby bed to give us. We started out trying to sleep with Nathan, but he is a CRAZY sleeper. He was super annoyed that we didn't give him room to roll all over, so Alex suggested we lay a blanket on the floor and have him sleep down there. I was super skeptical of that idea, but I decided to try it, and wouldn't you know, that baby slept like a log. It was hilarious because in the morning, I heard a thump by the garbage can and I got so worried that it would wake Nathan up, but when we turned the lights on it was Nathan who had made the noise! He rolled across the floor, ran into the garbage can, and stayed fast asleep. I have a picture of it, but without context I feel like I could end up on one of those Facebook forums where they call CPS on me or something... so I'll keep it to myself. Just know my baby is loved and cherished, and quite enjoyed sleeping on the floor.

Second not as funny memory: The day we flew to Portland was crazy, and due to the hotel the night before, the timing of the flight, the airports, the waiting for the rental cars, all that jazz, Nathan didn't get all the sleep he needed. The poor baby was exhausted! We finally got to our beach house and I snuggled him, nursed him, and put him to sleep in the pack-n-play my mom brought. We had the pack-n-play set up in the walk in closet so Nathan would have his own space and not be bothered by Alex and I coming and going. When he woke up from his nap he was distraught. He was pretty much having a baby panic attack and I felt so bad! He was just screaming and screaming. I think the whole day of travel, and then waking up in a place he had never seen before really put him over the edge. I just hugged him and talked to him for 30-45 minutes until he finally calmed down. It was a rough evening! But that night he slept great and he had a blast the rest of the trip. I think he just got super overwhelmed with all the changes in such a short time.

Anyway, these are just a few pictures from our first morning in Seaside! Nathan woke us up bright and early (thanks 3 hour time difference)! So we bundled up and walked on the beach just the three of us. It was really sweet. I'll share more later!
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment