CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: A Day at the Park

Monday, June 20, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: A Day at the Park

It's Mommy Style Monday!

Mommy Style Monday is a blog series my friend Kiana and I created, so that we could share our style with each other and moms like us! Style is an all encompassing word. It can mean a lot more than just what you're wearing, and everyone has their own unique style in every aspect of their lives.  Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to join, fill out this form and we'll email you soon!

This Mommy Style Monday is all about a day at the park! I didn't realize how much the outdoors would come to mean to me when I became a mom. When we moved to Indiana we bought a teeny tiny house, so I really look forward to reasons to get out! I love my house, but Nathan and I both can end up feeling pretty cooped up. In fact, just today Nathan was whining, and he started pointing at the door to go outside! That was the first time he's done that!

When I head to the park, I first make sure I have everything in my diaper bag. If you want to see how I pack, you can see my post here. It is getting HOT here in Indiana. This is my first full summer in the sun and humidity here and I'm already feeling a little worried about making it through! (I moved here in August last year when I was 9 months pregnant, so I just stayed inside and watched Gilmore Girls... This year is a little different ha ha.) Because of the heat I make sure I have water and sunscreen for sure. I dress in light and airy clothes that I won't sweat too much in, and I do the same for Nathan. Nathan is at such a young age right now that playing at the park doesn't involve a whole lot yet, but we really enjoy the swings and sitting on our blanket in the shade! He's started getting adventurous enough to crawl around in the grass, so we've been working on not putting leaves and stuff in his mouth. Also, grass kind of weirds me out now. Does anyone feel the same? I feel like adulthood made me afraid of grass because like, what is in there? Bugs!!! Spiders!!! When I was a kid I didn't even care. Just me?

So, my day at the park in summary is: dress for the weather, bring sunscreen and water, enjoy time with my baby. ;)











 He enjoyed walking up the slide more than sliding down ha ha (I wish there was a way to make a crying laughing emoji on your keyboard!)

Ok, so there's my day at the park! Remember to click here and fill out the form if you want to sign up for next time, we'd love to have you! Check out the beautiful women who are sharing this week:

Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Monica at It's All About
Kelsi at Lovestrong
Samantha at The Samantha Show
Jessica at Mason Jars and Lemon Bars
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment