CaseyLand: How We Wore It: Comfy Casual

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

How We Wore It: Comfy Casual

I think these How We Wore It posts are so fun, so I'm glad I made the cut this time around! I love clothes and fashion, and I love that How We Wore It challenges me to think outside the box. Even though I really love clothes and I have a lot of really cool pieces, I generally wear a t-shirt and jeans most days. For those of you who haven't seen this post before, this is how it works. All of us were given the same “inspiration outfit” and we were asked to create our own take on it. We can be inspired by the colors, the patterns, the pieces, or the textures in the outfit.  So our how we wore it should inspire us to use clothes we already have! Because, I don't know about you, but I don't have the money to go buy what I see on Pinterest, so I have to work with what you have. Here's our inspiration for this month's post:
from Gentri Lee


When I first saw this outfit, I was like whoa - that is NOT my style at all! Gentri always looks really cute in her laid back grungy outfits, but I didn't think I could pull that kind of look off! It took me a few weeks of thinking before I really got inspired. While it may not be a look I'll wear all the time, it was fun to try something new! I stuck with the black on black theme, put on my black booties, and wore a plaid shirt tied around my waist. 

Funny story about the plaid shirt: We were walking around town trying to find the perfect "blogger wall" pushing Nathan in the stroller. A family was walking toward us and they all started oohing and ahhing about how cute Nathan was (naturally!), so we smiled and kept on walking. Then after a few seconds the man calls, "Hey! Is this your shirt??" Ha! My plaid shirt had come untied and fallen to the ground. *face palm* Alex was like, "I am so embarrassed for you right now." So yeah, shirts tied around my waist may not be my thing...

A woman was walking by, so I grabbed Nathan and pretended it was more of a "Mommy and Me" shoot than just a "Me" shoot. I'm self-conscious like that. Anyone else??
But seriously look how cute he is. 
Ok, back to me.

I was like, "Let's take a walking picture!" And Alex was like, "That's not a normal walk. Why are you walking like that?" I struggle, guys.



Overalls: Piper and Scoot  Shirt: Gap (old)  Shoes: Steve Madden  Plaid Shirt:  Bohme (old)


And... One more of Nathan for good measure. Let's be honest, he's the real eye candy here.


What do you think, guys? Did I pull it off? If you want to join How We Wore It for next month, head over to Deidre's blog and sign up quick!

The rest of the beautiful ladies who participated can be found below. It's always so fun to see everyone's different takes on the outfit!


Deidre at Deidre Emme
Madeline at CaseyLand
Riley at Riley Jo Blog
Jessica at Mason Jars and Lemon Bars
Kelsi at Lovestrong
Samantha at The Samantha Show
Emily at Emmy Jake
Rachel at Rachel Sayumi 
Robin at Penn & Quill
Ruth at My Little Nest
Britt at My Little Sunshines
Autumn at Stay gold Autumn
Jen at Real Life, On Purpose
Alyssa at Pinsent Life
Emma at Ever Emma


 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment