CaseyLand: Mommy Style Monday: Everyday Wear

Monday, May 16, 2016

Mommy Style Monday: Everyday Wear

It's another week! I feel like at some point in time weekends used to mean a lot more to me, but now weekends are just as busy as any other day. Adult life I guess... Gone are the days of pajamas and netflix all day on Saturday, and hello to plans for gardening and home improvement. I guess it's not a terrible switch ;)

Last Monday I teamed up with my good friend Kiana to do a Mommy Style Monday post, and we had so much fun doing it we've decided to keep it up. Anyone who wants to join with us is more than welcome, and we'll include a link to your blog at the bottom of our post. Sometimes we'll have a picture for inspiration, and sometimes just an idea. Our hope is to share our "mommy style" with others, to inspire and have fun! I feel like as a mom (especially a stay at home mom like myself) it's really easy to get in a rut. I love seeing other people's take on motherhood, and I love it even more when I know it's something I can easily implement into my routine. It's totally possible to feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Being a mom isn't always glamorous, but we can help each other out by sharing what we do to make it beautiful, with as little effort as possible ;). Every first and third Monday of the month we will have a Mommy Style Monday post sharing different inspiration for fashion, makeup routines, diaper bag organization, nursery decor, favorite baby books and toys, date night ideas, etc. We are all here to help each other out!

If you would like to join, please email me at psmynameismadeline@gmail.com, and I'll send you the next post's inspiration!

This week we chose to do an "everyday wear" post. My life used to be a lot more structured before I had Nathan. I was used to waking up early, dressing semi-professionally, working all day, coming home to eat dinner with Alex and hanging out before an early bed time. Since having Nathan I have felt like the structure of my day has fallen apart. It is so easy for me to stay in my pajamas all day long and basically do nothing. I don't have anyone to report to! As long as Nathan is happy and healthy, I'm good. But on days like those, I always end up feeling gross and unaccomplished at the end of the day. Sometimes it's good to have lazy days, but for me, I feel better when I have taken care of my baby, myself, and my home.

Some people may think I'm crazy, but I try to get ready for the day EVERY day, even if I have nowhere to go. I find that when I wake up, wash my face, do my makeup, and get dressed I am much more productive and I have more energy! I don't dress as professionally as I used to - you'll find me most days in a t-shirt and jeans or a casual dress - but dressing casually is more practical for this stage of life ;).



sunglasses: Francesca's  shirt: Francesca's (similar)  jeans: Nordstrom (similar)  shoes: Bohme  diaper bag: Fawn Design  baby: not for sale
(I make no money from any of these links, it's just in case you like any of the items!)



 Don't forget to send some love in the other ladies direction! Check out their posts by clicking the links.

Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Chelsea at Tessa Marie

Remember, if you want to join, email me! We'd love to include you!
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment