CaseyLand: My Skincare Routine

Thursday, April 21, 2016

My Skincare Routine

This blog serves the purpose of helping me make anywhere I am my happiest place on Earth. While my little family brings me the most joy out of everything, I really believe it's important for me to take care of myself. For me this includes my skincare, makeup, clothes, reading, blogging, and even doing the dishes or the laundry! I thrive with time to myself, and I'm inspired by beautiful things. To some people makeup and clothes may seem frivolous, and on some levels it is. I think it comes down to your priorities. If my top priority became buying clothes or makeup, and my self-worth was based off of those things, it would be too much. My top priority will always be my faith and my family, but I don't see anything wrong with having a little fun with "frivolous" things as well! Moderation in all things, right?

That long introduction leads me into... drumroll please... my skincare routine! I did a periscope on how I get ready in the morning, and talked to some lovely ladies about what I do and it helped me remember how much I love sharing these things with people. So why not share it on the blog as well?

Disclaimer: I use Mary Kay products. This post is in no way trying to sell you Mary Kay products. I would love to know what you use for your skin, and what you've tried that has worked as well! I love my Mary Kay, but I'm aware that there are other great products available too, and I don't have any problem with that. I love trying new things!

So, here we go. (excuse the iPhone photos... my personal photographer wasn't around at the time.)


I use the Mary Kay Timewise collection. Personally, my skin has never looked better since using it, but it's also really the first "high end" product I've used to wash my face. One time I went to Sephora and they let me try the Glam Glow face wash and I about died and went to heaven. Does anyone use that? I seriously still dream of it sometimes. I was my face morning and night, and I'm a little crazy about it. I literally cannot go to sleep or start my day unless my face is clean! I recently purchased Mary Kay's cleansing brush, and I will never go back. All you ladies who have been using a cleansing brush forever can laugh at me. My face has seriously never felt more clean. 


After my face is sparkling clean in the morning, I put on the Day Solution - which is basically sunscreen. K, let me get on my soap box here. LADIES - USE SUNSCREEN ON YOUR FACE EVERY DAY! There is nothing that will help keep your face looking youthful more than sunscreen. Whatever products you use on your face, make sure that a sunscreen is in the rotation. Even if it's cloudy outside! The sun's rays are so harmful. We need to protect our skin as much as we can. After that, I always put on moisturizer. Another wonderful thing you can do for your skin to prevent premature aging is moisturizer. It's so easy! Do it.


At night after I've washed my face, I use the Night Solution - which is basically a whole bunch of vitamins you put on your face and it heals any damage done during the day. Then I moisturize, and I also use an eye cream under my eyes.

My skin has seriously never looked better! No matter what products you use on your skin, make sure you have a great face wash, sunscreen, and moisturizer. Your skin starts aging in your early 20's, so it's never too early to start preventing!

What products do you use and love for your skin?

 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment