CaseyLand: How We Wore It: Bright Colors

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

How We Wore It: Bright Colors

Happy Wednesday, everyone! And actually, happy birthday to myself! I teamed up with Deidre and the girls again this month for How We Wore It. It is a lot of fun to be inspired by an outfit and try to use what I have in my closet to make my own version! If you want to sign up for next month, head over to Deidre's blog and she'll have the sign up at the end of her post. Spots are limited, so hurry! 

This month was all about bright colors. This was a challenge for me, because I am very much a  neutral girl.

Here is our inspiration photo:
from Chic Street Style
I love the two colors she put together on the top because it is so unexpected! I really wanted to draw inspiration from that but I just don't have the right pieces in my wardrobe. I decided to wear my bright red-orange sweater with a white t-shirt under, but I wore my bright purple lipstick to channel her shirt! It felt more "me" anyway, since I believe in having about 10+ white t-shirts in your drawer at all times. I wore my (only) statement necklace, pulled on my distressed jeans, slipped into my metallic flats, and there you have it! 

Let me tell you something about my jeans really quick... I was wondering why I had no distressed jeans to choose form and then I remembered! Right before I found out I was pregnant, I bought some distressed jeans at Gap on sale for about $4, no joke. I could only wear them a couple times before they didn't fit anymore! I dug them out of the bottom of my drawer, and it was a sweet reunion. Kind of like finding $20 in your pocket the next year or something. When you can fit back into your clothes after having a baby, it really feels like you have a whole new wardrobe!

Anyway, here is my outfit. Sorry the pictures are so blown out... I'm the worst, and I thought the lighting was just right, but when I got inside, I could see how very wrong I was. Maybe put some sunglasses on before you look? :)

               



Outfit details:
Necklace: Anthropologie (old)
Sweater: Anthropologie (not super old, but not in store anymore)
T-shirt: Madewell
Jeans: Gap (old)
Shoes: Gap (old)
Purse: Fossil
Lipstick: Maybelline Lilac Flush

Check out how the other ladies wore it by clicking their links! Thanks for stopping by!
Deidre at Deidre Emme
Kyla at FordOlogy
Aubrey at Aubrey Zaruba
Berkley at Here in the Now
Alyssa at Impractical Composition
Autumn at Stay gold Autumn
Hannah at Simply Hannah Sneed
Jessica at Mason Jars and Lemon Bars
Paige at The Happy Flammily
Brielle at Breezy & Co.
Alexa at He & I
Brooke at Silver Lining
Sierra at Sierra's View
Madeline at CaseyLand
Susan at Sue's News
Bonnie at The Life of Bon
Ashley at Absolutely Ashley
Bekah at These Are The Days
Robin at Penn & Quill
Kylie at Love Always, Kylie

 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment