CaseyLand: Our Easter

Monday, March 28, 2016

Our Easter

Easter snuck up on us quite suddenly this year! It's a different world when it comes to holidays when you don't have family around, I've decided. Suddenly, if we want to make a big deal out of a holiday, it's completely up to us! Thankfully, on Saturday night at General Women's Conference with the cute girls in my ward, I was invited to a really special Easter celebration on Sunday night.

Easter morning began with a bang! I'm not one for potty talk, so just interpret this as you will. Alex had a meeting at 7 in the morning, so when Nathan woke up, I fed him and then let him play on the couch, while I got ready in the bathroom. (I can easily see him from the bathroom.) After a few minutes of him playing, I thought I heard a loud exploding noise. This usually means that Nathan has delivered some... "frosting". I finished my make-up and then walked over to the couch to change his diaper. What I found caused me to do some serious "oh no oh no oh no oh no..." etc. "Frosting" was everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE. There was "frosting" on his clothes, "frosting" on his hands" (which often travel to his mouth), "frosting" on his face (which meant that his hands HAD travelled to his mouth), and "frosting" on the couch!!!!!! I was basically freaking out. I sent a text to Alex saying "MAYDAY MAYDAY!" Which apparently freaked him out big time, until he saw the rest of the message. He promised to come home and help me clean the "frosting" up. I got Nathan undressed and into the tub, and I just have to say, it was quite the ordeal.

After that, Easter went smoothly. It was a beautiful 70 degree, sunny day! We went to church, took some family pictures, and got the ham started for the celebration later that day. We spent the evening at a ward member's house eating good food, having good conversations, and then we did a little program where each family shared their favorite story of Jesus and sang beautiful hymns.

Alex and I feel so blessed to be members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. No matter where members of our church go, there are always people willing to be your family and take you in. The church is the same everywhere! Every state and continent. It's such a special thing to be a part of, and we feel very blessed. I don't share much about church or my testimony, but I want you all to know that I know the gospel is true, and I am so grateful for my Savior and all he has done and will continue to do for me. He lives!

This video is my favorite on the topic :)











 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment