CaseyLand: An Exciting Day in the Casey Household

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

An Exciting Day in the Casey Household

The days of a stay at home mom are interesting. Oftentimes, to be honest, I feel like they are full of monotony! The same routine, day after day. On the other hand, it can also be extremely fulfilling. Maybe my days are fairly basic in their structure, but Nathan's are exciting and new every time! Recently he's started scooting around, trying to go see new things on his own. The problem is, he is so focused on propelling himself forward, he inevitably ends up going backward, and frustration ensues. I let him get frustrated. How can he learn if I constantly scoop him up and put him next to the ball he so desperately desires? The other day, he happily scooted backward out of the office where I was finishing some work. He seemed to enjoy his newfound freedom. But then he got over to a chair by the table, and his legs got wrapped around one of the legs of the chair, and he suddenly couldn't go backward any longer.

Anyway, yesterday I put him down for a nap, and when I came out of his room, I saw a CHICKEN in the middle of the road. Pecking away at something. It was big and black and ugly. I don't know where it came from, and I don't know where it went. It was even more exciting than my homemade Cafe Rio Pork coming together perfectly.

And I didn't even take a picture of it.



 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

No comments:

Post a Comment