CaseyLand: sleep while the baby sleeps

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

sleep while the baby sleeps

I'll be honest with you here, because this is a safe space. Is it? I hope so.

Anyway, I rarely get out of bed before 10 a.m. lately.

I know what you're thinking, and you're right. It's because I have a baby.

People say to sleep when the baby sleeps, and I agree with them. I just happen to get my nap time in during the later hours of the morning instead of the afternoon, and that works for me.

Also, he's super cute when he's snuggled up next to me in those morning hours. Even when he scoots closer and closer to me until I'm on the edge of the bed, and I'm afraid to move him because he looks so peaceful. The other morning, I woke up because he was scooting  around and making all sorts of baby noises. I sat up ready to feed him, and when I looked down at him, he was sound asleep again. I guess he just wanted me to sit up?

So yeah, sometimes instead of sleeping while he sleeps, I stare at him.

Sue me.


p.s. please notice how his legs are crossed, because it's kind of my favorite part of those pictures.

 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I do the same thing, I used to be a morning person, till I got pregnant and wanted to sleep in with my husband, because hey-we don't have to go anywhere in the mornings. It's easier to stay in bed in the mornings than to go back to bed and take a nap in the after noon after getting up and starting your day, because you are more awake that time of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! I feel like I'm much more productive with the rest of my day, so I don't feel too bad about it. :)

      Delete