CaseyLand: One Month

Monday, November 2, 2015

One Month




I know it's actually several weeks past when Nathan turned one month, but there are things I want to remember about this stage, so bear with me.

At one month, Nathan weighs about 10 pounds, continues to love his hands and needs them out where he can see them at all times. All times, people! He likes to kick one leg at a time repeatedly, but he isn't picky about which leg gets a turn. Sometimes, when he's sleeping, he decides to stretch his neck and it's the best. I need to get a video of it, but basically he squishes his face and stretches his neck, moving his head from side to side... I call it his turtle face. He's a pretty consistent fellow. I can count on him to wake up a couple times each night, varying from 3 to 4 hours apart. He eats, and goes right back to sleep. During the day he likes to eat more frequently and sleep less. Not that he's awake for long, but he does sleep less. When he's awake, he enjoys staring at mom, kicking his legs and waving his arms, and he's just started to show off his smile. He's a heartbreaker, and no denying it. Probably gets that from his dad :) He also gets most of his facial expressions from his dad, especially all the serious ones. He does this thing where he furrows his brow like he's considering something really hard... that's all Alex Casey. He's not sure about being left alone yet, so he spends a lot of time in Mom's arms. I know I could be getting a lot more done if I could put him down, but I have a hard time feeling mad about it. Nathan cuddles are kind of the best thing ever.

The past month (and a few weeks) with this kid have been incredible! I don't want him to grow up too fast and yet, I'm excited for all the stages we have yet to encounter. He's just going to get cooler and cooler as time goes on!


 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

2 comments:

  1. That face in the middle photo. Major heart eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha his face all the time. Seriously. He's the best.

      Delete