CaseyLand: The Marriage of Abi and Jake

Friday, October 30, 2015

The Marriage of Abi and Jake

Abi and Jake decided to get married in the Brigham City Temple which is absolutely gorgeous. I was a little worried because obviously I can't bring the baby in with me, and all my family were going to be in the temple as well! My little cute cousins said they would watch him, and I totally trust them, but just in case of an emergency I asked my good friend Amy to come down from Logan and hold the baby. Thank goodness for good friends who love holding babies!!

The ceremony was beautiful and the day was perfect. In fact, it was unseasonably warm! We were burning up! After taking pictures at the temple, we had her luncheon at Maddox. Delicious as usual, but I was only there for the rolls. Let me tell you, it is HARD figuring out how to eat when your baby wants you to hold him instead. Thankfully I had my mom and dad who were more than willing to take over for me.

Her reception that night was probably the most fun I've had at a reception besides my own. She decided to do it really low key and just have a whole bunch of fire pits with camp chairs and different stuff to roast s'mores with! They borrowed the chairs and fire pits from friends and neighbors. We had all different flavors of graham crackers, cookies, marshmallows, and chocolate. We told everyone to dress casually! It was cool because people stayed for a long time to hang out with their friends and relax by the fire. Such a great idea for a reception! I don't have many pictures because I was hanging out with my baby and stuff, but here are a few from the day!

Nathan's wedding outfit for the day. Abi's colors were "every shade of blue". Alex and I actually bought that bow tie when we found out we were having a boy! It definitely came in handy!
^^ Waiting outside the temple for Abi and Jake!^^

My mom, Me, Nathan, Great Grandma Gubler, and Grandma Clark. That's five generations, people! FIVE! In one picture.
I was really sad Alex couldn't be there. Our family minus Alex.

My brother is so tall, any picture of the four of us looks really unbalanced. So we just had him pick her up!
Best buds at the luncheon!
The only picture I got at the reception. Of course there were USU chairs there :)
All pooped out at the end of the day.
such a great day!
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

2 comments:

  1. Okay. In the debate of whether Nathan looks like you or Alex, the answer is neither. After seeing these photos, I can now see that Nathan is a baby version of your dad. End of discussion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually totally agree with you :)

      Delete