CaseyLand: blame it on the baby...

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

blame it on the baby...

Hey! Hello! Hi!

Ok, sorry it's been a while. I'm mostly sorry to myself, because now I have a lot of things to blog, and so little time. I'm in awe of moms who continue to blog regularly right after having a baby. I'm sure I'll get there eventually, but these past few weeks have been a whirlwind! If I'm not holding the baby, I'm using that time to sleep, get ready for the day, and eat real food. And by the time I'm done with those things, the baby is awake and wants all my attention again! Which I do not mind at all, because everything he does is perfect and adorable and all the adjectives that people get annoyed about. Like, I'm the one who's making people say, "it's not like your baby is the first baby ever born!" and "your baby is just like every other baby, we don't need to hear about it!" And you know what? I. Don't. Care. I think he's the most special, precious, amazing thing in the world. But don't worry, I'll never post a picture of his poop. Come on, people. That's not cool.

Speaking of which, poop is now a very frequent words I use. I'm not proud of it, but I also am not ashamed. It is what it is.

You guys, motherhood is the craziest thing. It's like, super exhausting, but also really fun? Maybe like a day at an amusement park, but better... Like, you are going going going all day long, and it's great, but at the end of the day you are SOOOO ready to get in bed and go to sleep? Yeah. But then you are not even mad when the baby needs you in the middle of the night. It's fine, because he's cute.

I'm going to try to be better at this blogging thing and write down my life, because while these weeks have been a whirlwind, I also want to be able to remember them. Just one of those things. So now, here are some pictures of my adorable baby for those of you who love looking at adorable babies. If you're a person who doesn't, feel free to exit now, and go re-examine your life.

I dub this: Nathan Through the Ages: A progression of the last 6 weeks


^^ oh. my heck. Look how tiny he was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 ^^ The smolder, he reserves for me. The other face is one he gives his dad daily.


 ^^ Sorry these photos are so dark, we only recently got lights in the ceilings of our house. It's a long story. Well, not really. Old houses don't have lights in the ceilings. We hired an electrician. The end.


 ^^ He turned a month old, and got really philosophical about it. He also looks dang good in a bow tie. Are we surprised? No.


 ^^ He's only going to break break your, break break your heart....


^^ Lest you think I only have awake pictures, I do not. This is how he looks a majority of the time.


^^ He's getting so big and strong!! I'm seriously loving this.

Babies for everyone!! (But only if you're responsible and nice and you like babies. There really should be some sort of test for eligibility to bring a life into the world.)
 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

4 comments:

  1. That's probably the best way anyone has ever described having a baby to me. Who doesn't love being at Disneyland for day, but also who is soon ready for a shower and sleepy time? Haha! Also that is a good analogy for your blog theme :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It all worked out so nicely with the blog theme, right? I didn't even plan it.

      Delete
  2. You've explained motherhood perfectly. And he is so cute.

    ReplyDelete