CaseyLand: Greetings from Indiana!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Greetings from Indiana!

Indulgent selfie trying to show you my baby bump... this is all I have right now, folks.

It's about time for an update, don't you think??

Here, I'll tell you all about it.

Last Thursday, I woke up at the crack of dawn with my mom and sisters, and they drove me to the airport. We should probably have taken a picture or something, but we didn't. It's all good. Anyway, we were very somber on the ride to the airport. Mostly because it was like 5:30 in the morning, I'd like to think.

I was flying Southwest, and I got to check two bags for free! So way back when, when I was planning this trip, I figured hey! I'm going to be 9 months pregnant. I won't want to worry about shoving my bag up in the compartment or hauling it up to the security check or anything. So I decided to check both bags, and just take my purse with me. Hello, best idea ever! It was such a breeze walking through the airport with no luggage. So, take that for what you will.

Moving on. Saying good-bye to my mom and sisters was pretty hard. I tried to keep it together, but I can't deny that I may have had to run to the airport bathroom and cry just a little bit! We kept waving at each other as I was walking through security with a whole bunch of other random people ha ha, and the whole thing just felt so surreal to me. Like, what the heck? I'm getting on a plane by myself right now? To fly across the country? So that I can start my life in INDIANA?

After a quick and painless flight to Denver, I hurried to find my connection to Indianapolis. The Denver airport was lame. I mean, it was fine, but it was also really huge and chaotic. On the flight to Indianapolis, I sat next to the nicest man! He told me all about his life including his divorce and his son who didn't speak to him for three years, and his love of Britney Spears concerts. We both agreed that early 2000s Britney was the best Britney.

When I saw Alex, I was just in a daze! I was so happy to be with him again! Three weeks apart is way too long, and I have vowed to never do that to myself again. I mean, it was totally awesome being reunited with Olivia before I came out here, but it was also really hard to be away from my husband/best friend.

So, now I live in a little tiny house in an unfamiliar town while I wait for my baby to decide when he wants to come out and experience this life. I'm fine with him staying inside a little longer. The car seat doesn't even come in the mail for a few more days!!

I've got to be honest people, living here is super weird. I miss my family like crazy. I'm so grateful that I have Alex here, and I don't know how he lived here by himself for so long! Just thinking about it gets me all teary! Right now I don't know anyone else, I can't tell which direction is which, and we still have a lot to do as far as getting this house and our existence here ready. It's tough. I've had a few minor break downs about it all. But I am still determined to make this experience in Indiana a great one.

So for now, I'll leave you with this positive note - I loved the way a Target employee told us that Buffalo Wild Wings was the best place here for BBQ. I like the way rainstorms come out of nowhere and last for just a few minutes. I'm getting used to the constant sounds of crickets chirping, the trees here are gorgeous, and Purdue's campus is really quite cool.

 photo CASEY-SIG_zpsvtleemti.png

8 comments:

  1. Man that would be so hard! I love that you are seeing the positive. Soon you will have a little bb to snuggle and all will be well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely making me even more excited for the baby to come! While I'm sure that will add another level of crazy to this adventure, it will at least give me something to do during the day ;)

      Delete
  2. Good luck! You will figure it all out and love it. I love reading about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's like a whole new world over here! I'm excited to love it more :)

      Delete
  3. Facetime helps homesickness SOOO MUCH!! You got this girl! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mollie!! You would know better than anyone! I'll definitely be taking advantage of modern technology :)

      Delete
  4. Hey, I totally get how you feel!! Adam and I moved to Phoenix the week after we got married, didn't know a soul, and there was liquor in the grocery stores and the highways are all confusing and there are no mountains. It was hard, but you'll be used to it sooner than you think. Lean on the ward, and hey... I know another LDS couple from usu also attending Purdue with a new baby... I can give you hookups if you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ward has already been so amazing! I love them. And yes, hook me up!! Who do you know?

      Delete