I've recently been loving this blog (how could you not? so fun!), and she does a great link up every Friday, where you basically pick five things - any things! - and write about them. I was like, I want to do that link-up! But I also want to celebrate people! So I decided to combine them today, because, why not?
Five things and people I'm celebrating!!
|this is me... off to go celebrate!!|
1. First of all, Pioneer Day! Which was yesterday. I just love that Utah gives us a second chance to shoot off fireworks in July. Also, let's take a second to celebrate the Pioneers! Whether they came to Utah or went somewhere else, Pioneers were basically the toughest people created. I don't know about you, but I am pretty sure I would have struggled hard core walking across the plains... It would have been an Oregon Trail disaster (please tell me you've played that game!!). So, good on you, Pioneers. I salute you.
2. This girl's account of her concert experience had me celebrating... and also remembering my nerdiest days when I thought Harry and the Potters were pretty awesome. Also, her haircut. Enough said.
3. I was reading this lovely lady's blog this week and couldn't help but celebrate how photogenic her happiness is! She literally looks like she's having the best of times in every photo... I swear it takes me like, 13 tries to capture my true feelings on camera... so she's awesome. Also, she set up the cutest blog pen pal project. (which you can be a part of next time if you just send her an email!) I sent her my favorite face wipes, nail polish, lip gloss, and of course, a bag of cheetos. Because cheetos are the most underrated chip, amen.
1/The Probst's 2/Love the Here and Now 3/Whitney Blake 4/Dreaming about Someday 5/The Best F Words 6/A Faithful Passion 7/Riley Jo 8/P.S My Name is Madeline 9/Sincerely, Laura10/Homegrown State of Mind
4. I am celebrating the fact that I wore my glasses the other day and actually felt cute in them! I think glasses are pretty cute in general, but I hate that thing they do when they start sliding down your nose so you have to push them back up and it's just nerdy.. you know? But I am going to also celebrate my inner nerd right now, because who even truly cares about that stuff? Go me! Rock that nerdiness.
5. And finally, I'm going to celebrate this girl. Because she is smart and driven and also really nice and beautiful. Graduating is a daunting thing, girl, but you can do it. You will be as successful as you let yourself be. Remember, you can fail doing something you don't love, so you might as well take a chance on all the things you do. You're already successful!!
And that's that! If you have someone/something you want me to celebrate for next week, let me know! Even if it's yourself! Because we need to be better at celebrating ourselves too, even if it feels weird at first :)
Have a great weekend!